Recipe by Kevin Young
Yet another stuffed pepper recipe. Hope you like it.
Top Review by Judikins
Absolutely delicious!! The only changes I made were 4 peppers instead of 2 (there was plenty of stuffing for 4 peppers), and I topped the entire casserole with a can of ranch style beans. I've made a lot of stuffed peppers in my time, but these are the BEST!! Thanks for sharing Kevin.
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups steamed rice
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice tops off peppers and save.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise so they will lay flat.
- Remove seeds and veins.
- Steam tomato over boiling water 5-10 minutes or until the skin can be removed easily.
- Remove skin while still warm, then when cool enough to handle remove seeds and dice.
- (Or sub one 10 oz can steamed diced tomato) In a medium frying pan, cook garlic in 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until it starts to turn light brown.
- Add onions and continue to cook about 5 more minutes or until well wilted.
- Place everything except the cheese and the peppers themselves in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a greased baking dish, place 4 pepper halves open side up.
- Place beef mixture in each and shape until even with open end and top of pepper.
- Bake uncovered 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese evenly over each pepper.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is all melted.