Recipe by Lorac
Sliced potatoes, layered with Pepper Jack cheese, chili peppers and corn.
Top Review by Cookbook Barbie
I wasn't sure about this, since I've never done scalloped potatoes on the stovetop, but they were great! The green chiles and corn were nice additions. We enjoyed the "bite" from the pepper cheese. This is a winner!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄3 lbs potatoes, unpeeled,sliced 1/8 inch thick (4 medium)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread butter on bottom of 10 or 12-inch non-stick skillet, layer half the potato slices on bottom.
- Layer half the cheese, chiles, corn, flour, salt and pepper on potatoes.
- Repeat layers, ending with salt and pepper.
- Pour milk over all.
- Bring to simmer over high heat, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until potato slices are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 5 minutes longer.