Recipe by Dawn
A good way to get all the food groups into one meal: Meat, vegetable, dairy, and bread! Fast, heatlthy, and tasty!
Top Review by HEP MEP
It's a keeper! I must say that I must have been in a fog when I went grocery shopping. I just KNEW I bought a zucchini for this but when I went to the veggie bin - nope! I just added more onion and had a very large green pepper - also added a little minced garlic, and added a can of diced green chilies when I added the beans and corn. Had the tortillas with Colby-Jack and sour cream, and the Old Man and I added hot sauce to ours. A very nice change with a great flavor - and easy to throw together! Thanks.
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix (1 -1 1/2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 12 ounces chicken (cut into strips)
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 small zucchini (biased sliced)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup cooked black beans
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend or 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Make marinade---------------.
- Mix fajita mix, oil and water.
- Add chicken to marinade.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray and heat on medium heat.
- Add green pepper, zuchini, and onion.
- Sautee until crisp tender.
- Set vegetables aside.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Cook chicken in skillet for@ 4-5 minutes.
- Add vegetables to skillet, and add salsa and chili powder and stir together.
- Add corn and beans to skillet and cook for@ 1-2 more minutes or until heated through.
- Microwave tortillas for 30 seconds to heat.
- Cover them prior to microwaving.
- Serve mixture on warm tortillas and top with cheese.