Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 hrs
A yummy crockpot recipe that we serve over rice. As usual make sure you cut the flank steak against the grain for the best results.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Trim excess fat from steak.
- Place onions and garlic in bottom of 3-4 quart slow cooker and top with steak.
- Mix salsa, oregano, chili powder, salt, and pepper in small bowl and pour over meat.
- Top with drained black beans.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 7-9 hours until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and slice into thin strips against the grain.
- Turn heat to high and return beef to slow cooker along with sliced peppers.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes, until peppers are tender.
- Serve with rice.
What a wonderful recipe! Such an easy dish to pull together. The results are flavorful; the meat is tender; and the beans go great with rice (and the leftover pot likker). My family also enjoyed this spooned into taco shells and ladled the leftovers over Frito's Corn Chips. Thanks so much for sharing. I'll definitely make this again. Long live the Crock Pot!