Recipe by *OzMan*
A great way to serve grilled steak, and very easy. Recipe was found in in the Betty Crocker "Grill It!" cookbook. I hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by KelBel
Another winner. I made these with shaved steak, onions and peppers sauteed together with the seasonings listed. Served with the salsa/french dressing combo from Recipe #178890. Delicious!
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning (you can substitute 1/4 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp coarse ground pepper)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 8 ounces salsa
- 1 medium avocado, sliced thin
- 6 slices colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Sprinkle meat on both sides with salt, garlic pepper, chili powder and oregano.
- Cover and grill meat 4-6 inches from heat for 8-9 minutes, turning once or twice, until desired doneness.
- Split and toast buns on grill for last few minutes grilling.
- Remove meat and slice across the grain into thin slices.
- Spread 2 Tbsp of salsa on bottom of each roll, top with steak, cheese, avocado and top of rolls.