This is made with fresh spinach, tomatoes, and jalapenos. Really cheesy and different!
Make and share this Southwest Spinach Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onions and jalapenos and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chopped baby spinach and continue to cook until wilted. Add 2/3 of tomatoes and cook 3 minutes more.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, half and half, olives, vinegar, salt and pepper. Spoon into 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Bake 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with sharp Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with remaining chopped tomato. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.