1/1 Photo of Southwest Spinach Dip
This is made with fresh spinach, tomatoes, and jalapenos. Really cheesy and different!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet. Add onions and jalapenos and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chopped baby spinach and continue to cook until wilted. Add 2/3 of tomatoes and cook 3 minutes more.
- 3Remove skillet from heat. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, half and half, olives, vinegar, salt and pepper. Spoon into 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Bake 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 4Top with sharp Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with remaining chopped tomato. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Spinach Dip
Serving Size: 1 (1617 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.2
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 447.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 15.7 g