1/3 Photos of Southwest Spicy Fish Sandwich
From cook's..com. Can purchase store-bought chipotle mayonnaise or see recipe below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 4 large hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 4 large leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise (recipe below)
- chipotle pepper, in adobe sauce (used to make chipotle mayo)
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1 tablespoon emeril's southwest seasoning (or see Emeril's Southwest Seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Heat olive oil on medium high in a large frying pan. Sprinkle tilapia fillets liberally with southwest seasoning. When oil is hot, add fillets. Cook 3 minutes on each side. Remove fish to a plate.
- 2Slice cheese into thin slices. Make chipotle mayonnaise (see recipe below).
- 3Heat grill pan to medium high. Lightly butter the buns and grill, buttered side down until browned. Add thinly sliced cheese to the bottom of each bun. Melt the cheese under a broiler or toaster oven and remove from oven. Add a fish filet to each bun. Place a romaine lettuce leaf on top of the fish. Add 1 tablespoon of chipotle mayonnaise to each bun top and place the bun on top of lettuce.
- 4Chipotle Mayonnaise Recipe:.
- 5Place one 7 or 8 oz. can of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce in food processor. Pulse until peppers are well chopped. Add 3 tablespoons of the chipotle sauce to 1 cup of mayonnaise. Freeze or refrigerate remaining chipotle sauce for future use. Refrigerate remaining chipotle mayonnaise.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Spicy Fish Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (832 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.3
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 562.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: