Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Tea Time Fall issue
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 6 cups boiling water
- 3 cinnamon sticks, broken in pieces
- 2 tablespoons opal basil, chopped
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- orange slice, studded with
- lemon slice, studded with
- 6 whole cloves
- Brew the tea in a large non-reactive pot and infuse with the cinnamon, citrus rinds with the cloves, and the opal basil.
- Strain into a punch bowl with an ice ring and add the citrus juice and sugar to taste.
- Garnish with orange and lemon slices.
It's March, we have 4 feet of snow and it's been snowing for the last two days. I made this hot, in the crock pot, in an 10 serving amount. I used 5 Earl Gray tea bags of regular size. I started with water hot off the stove, added everything, including the garnish. I don't know what opal basil tastes like or where I would get any so I used 1/2 tsp of regular dried basil. It only ask for 4 cups of water and I increased that to 7. Well, with the the 4 hrs in the crock it turned out very nice indeed and we all filled our travel mugs with it before going out for awhile this afternoon. The tea was much appreciated during the excursion.