Cook1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in a Low-Carb cookbook. The sweetness of the squash mixes well with the spice of the other ingredients. Low-carb and vegetarian!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Remove and discard seeds.
- Place squash, cut side down, in greased baking pan.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until just tender.
- Using fork, remove spaghetti-like strands from hot squash and place strands in large bowl.
- Add tomatoes with juice, beans, 1/2 cup cheese, cilantro, cumin, garlic salt and pepper; toss well.
- Spray 1 1/2 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture into casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Microwave the spaghetti squash to save time: cut squash in half and remove seeds, cover cut sides with plastic wrap, place cut-side down on plate, microwave until you can pierce squash with fork. Continue with recipe.
Wow! This was really something special! I added a cup of chopped onion, a cup of chopped bell pepper, and a small can of sliced black olives. I also served with freshly made Pico de Gallo (#33861) and the whole thing was FABULOUS! YUM!
Who would have thought that such simple ingredients would be SO delicious! My husband and I enjoyed this so much, and he's always a little skiddish about a dinner without meat. Oh, and don't forget that you can roast the seeds of the spaghetti squash with a little olive oil & salt. They're great to munch on while you are cooking dinner! I just threw mine in the oven on a separate pan while my squash was cooking.