Recipe by Cyn
I found this recipe in a Low-Carb cookbook. The sweetness of the squash mixes well with the spice of the other ingredients. Low-carb and vegetarian!
Top Review by sukline
Microwave the spaghetti squash to save time: cut squash in half and remove seeds, cover cut sides with plastic wrap, place cut-side down on plate, microwave until you can pierce squash with fork. Continue with recipe.
- 1 spaghetti squash (3 pounds)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Remove and discard seeds.
- Place squash, cut side down, in greased baking pan.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until just tender.
- Using fork, remove spaghetti-like strands from hot squash and place strands in large bowl.
- Add tomatoes with juice, beans, 1/2 cup cheese, cilantro, cumin, garlic salt and pepper; toss well.
- Spray 1 1/2 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture into casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately.