Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in a potluck cookbook collection. It is so very simple to make, you may all ready have the ingredients on hand! You can use whichever meat you prefer... I made this with the ground turkey and it was yummy!
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can light kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 -8 ounce shredded jalapeno monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- dried cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425* degrees.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain well and return to pot. Mix the milk and egg together thoroughly and then pour into the spaghetti and mix well. Spoon mixture into a buttered 9x13 casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, brown ground meat of choice with the onions, peppers, and garlic until browned and cooked through; drain.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and black pepper, mix thoroughly and cook on low for 2 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and beans and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add meat mixture to the casserole dish and spread evenly over the spaghetti. Sprinkle the cheese on top evenly. You may sprinkle some dried cilantro over cheese if desired.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes. serve!