Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Hearty and Fun!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 12 ounces corn (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 14 ounces salsa
- 10 inches round flour tortillas
- Brown onion in butter or oil.
- add ground beef to onion and cook until browned.
- Once beef is browned add in green bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain grease from beef and return to heat-turn heat to low.
- add salsa - use your favorite kind - stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn - if using canned drain liquid.
- let everything simmer together on low for 10 minutes. All the flavours will combine.
- Meanwhile- place one tortilla wrap in a microwave proof bowl so a bowl shape is formed.
- Microwave on high for 1-1 1/4 minutes. remove from microwave and invert onto an over turned bowl of similar size. The wrap will steam dry and create a serving dish for the soup. It may take one or two to get the timing right depending on your microwave.
- Once shells have cooled, spoon soup into each and top with sour cream or shredded cheese.
- Don't want to make bowls - serve with store bought tortilla chips instead.
I made this tonight, and it was pretty good. I was afraid the salsa would be too much, but after simmering the flavors really blended well. I didn't have bell pepper so I used Mrs. Dash table seasoning, fresh ground pepper, and a can of Rio Grande Sides southwestern veggie. I topped it with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of shredded fiesta blend cheese. It was easy and good. Thanks for the recipe.