Recipe by weekend cooker
There's a fiesta in every bite of of this tasty chicken dish.
Top Review by teresas
I knew we would love this...it has all the ingredients we enjoy...I replaced the chicken with pheasant and used a hot salsa...very easy and tasty recipe...I topped it with recipe #222313 for an added tang to the dish...yummy...I'm keeping this one close by...thanks for posting it...:)
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle both sides with cumin and cayenne.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile combine corn, and salsa, and spoon over chicken.
- Top with cheese and jalapenos.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top each with chicken breast, and a dollop of sour cream.