Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ground Turkey paired with Southwestern spices give this sandwich its zip! Top with honey-lime coleslaw for some added tang!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup corn
- 1⁄3 cup black beans
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- buns or tortilla
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- Pre heat broiler to high; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the mayo, honey, lime juice, salt and cayenne together; Toss with coleslaw; chill.
- Saute turkey and onion for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ketchup, corn, beans, chipotles, green chilies, brown sugar, mustard, cumin and salt; simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon into each bun bottoms (if using) and top with cheese.
- Broil top buns cut side up until buns are toasted and cheese is melted.
- To serve, spoon the slaw onto each sandwich and serve.
- You can also spoon the mixture into a tortilla, top with cheese and slaw and serve.
- This can also be made into a freezer meal by freezing the turkey and onions together; the ketchup-cumin together and then the mayo-cayenne together in seperate baggies. Place all in a large freezer bag, label, seal and freeze. Then thaw and follow cooking directions.
I made this recipe for our office birthday luncheon...and, it has now become a monthly tradition. Love it; love it, love it!!