Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This Southwest Skillet Scramble is great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. It's a quick, easy, one pot meal that comes together in a flash! Using the Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions makes this so easy and simplifies the prep work. If you wanted to spice this dish up, you could use pepper jack cheese. You can serve it with sour cream and/or salsa if you wish.
- 6 ounces mexican chorizo sausage, casings removed (about 2 links)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped (1/2 of a pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 of a pepper)
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 3 ounces Baby Spinach
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 2 scallions, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped, divided
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Beat eggs with milk until incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chorizo to the skillet, breaking it up as it cooks. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until done, and then remove to a plate lined with paper towels. Wipe out the skillet with a couple of paper towels.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the red and green pepper and cook 3-4 minutes, until peppers begin to soften.
- Add Simply Potatoes diced potatoes with onion and cook 5-7 minutes, until potatoes begin to brown.
- Stir in spinach and cook about one minute to wilt it.
- Stir in the egg mixture, the black beans, half of the scallions, half of the cilantro, and half of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper and stir everything to mix. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until eggs are solid.
- Top with remaining cheese, scallions, and cilantro.