Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Colorful corn dish to complement any Mexican menu.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro or 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- In a large non-stick skillet sauté red pepper and jalapeño in butter until tender. Add cumin; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add corn and cilantro; sauté 2 minutes longer or until heated through.
This was fantastic! I made this with some margarita chicken and a little mexican rice and it was a total hit with everyone. I may use more jalapeno next time because I like the bite but the bite isn't for everyone. Will make over and over.
Very easy and very delicious. I left out the cilantro and added a few chives due to picky kids. I'd much rather have it with the cilantro and maybe a sqeeze of lime juice. Thank you for posting :)
What a lovely, easy recipe. I had a chili incident, due to the difficulty of finding jalapeno peppers in my area, but the taste was still great. Will make this again with a lot less chili. Thanks Mary for sharing this great, easy recipe.