Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
Quick and easy. A kid fav.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is browned; drain.
- Add next 8 ingredients; mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with the corn chips and cheese.
- Cover and let stand for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Great quick skillet meal. I used 1 tablespoon chili powder and added 1/4 t. cumin for a little more pow. My husband and I both thought it was delicious and something we would make again. I had to cook slightly longer than 20 minutes to get the liquid absorbed. Thanks for sharing.
This was a great quick and easy meal for us. I used 2 cloves minced garlic and sauteed with the meat and onions instead of using garlic powder. I also added an extra teaspoon of chili powder and 1/4 t. black pepper. Very yummy and the family raved. Thanks for sharing this.
This was a exceptionally easy easy dish to make. Tasty...I added some cumin to give it a little more kick and some hot sauce. Everyone loved it. This will go on our list of 'fast food' night dishes.