Recipe by Netanya
This was born out of necessity. We didn't have much in the house, so I threw stuff together and came up with this. It's one of my favorites, probably, for the southwestern mood.
Top Review by AuntWoofieWoof
This was good!! I used a fresh tomato instead of canned. It was easy to make. The ingredients blended really good together. The directions did not say whether or not to drain the canned tomatoes so, since I used a fresh tomato, I added some water. I didn't need to do that as there was too much liquid. It would have been okay without the additional water. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Spring '08
- 12 ounces steak, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into bite sized chunks or slices.
- Place oil, garlic, and onion in large skillet or pan and heat over med-hi heat. Cook until onions are beginning to turn translucent.
- Add steak, drained tomatoes, and chilies. Cook until steak is cooked how you like it.
- Add seasons to taste. (I used salt, pepper, and about a 1/2 tbsp of Italian Seasoning on mine.).
- Dish and serve.
- OPTIONAL: You can throw in some add ons per your family's preferences. I added corn, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. You could also add kidney beans, jalepenos, garbanzos, or any other favorite Southwestern accent.