Recipe by CountryLady
A tangy summer salad. The recipe comes from a guest chef on my favourite Canadian day-time talk show.
- 12 large egg roll wraps
- cooking spray
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup corn, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup coriander or 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425F, and spray muffin pan with vegetable spray.
- Fit egg roll wrappers into muffin tins.
- Bake for 8 minutes or just until browned, then set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet sprayed with vegetable spray, sauté shrimp and garlic just until cooked approximately 5 minutes.
- Chop and place in bowl.
- Re-spray skillet and sauté corn for 8 minutes or just until browned.
- Add to shrimp.
- Add remaining salad ingredients.
- Combine ingredients for the dressing, pour over salad and toss well.
- Divide 1/3 cup salad amongst egg roll cups.
- Garnish with coriander.