Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you like your chips to stay crispier, sprinkle on top rather than incorporating into the salad.
Make and share this Southwest Shrimp Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head lettuce, washed and shredded
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cups lime tortilla chips, broken into pieces
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 stalks green onions, diced
- 2⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2⁄3 cup ranch dressing
- salt and pepper
- Mix together barbecue sauce and ranch dressing. Measure out 2/3 cup dressing to be used for marinating shrimp. Reserve the remainder for the salad dressing.
- Marinate shrimp in the 2/3 cup barbecue/ranch dressing mixture for 15 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and discard marinade. Lightly season shrimp with salt and pepper. Grill shrimp for 3-4 minutes each side. Toss together shrimp with remaining items, including the reserved dressing.