Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
If you like your chips to stay crispier, sprinkle on top rather than incorporating into the salad.
Make and share this Southwest Shrimp Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head lettuce, washed and shredded
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cups lime tortilla chips, broken into pieces
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 stalks green onions, diced
- 2⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2⁄3 cup ranch dressing
- salt and pepper
- Mix together barbecue sauce and ranch dressing. Measure out 2/3 cup dressing to be used for marinating shrimp. Reserve the remainder for the salad dressing.
- Marinate shrimp in the 2/3 cup barbecue/ranch dressing mixture for 15 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and discard marinade. Lightly season shrimp with salt and pepper. Grill shrimp for 3-4 minutes each side. Toss together shrimp with remaining items, including the reserved dressing.