Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Mild, tasty and easy to make. My less expensive spin on a recipe find at www.allrecipes.com.
- 8 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces imitation lobster meat or 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, shredded
- 12 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine shrimp and shredded lobster/crab meat and mix well.
- Reserve 1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheese to top enchiladas with.
- Warm each tortilla before rolling (I put each one in the microwave on HIGH for 14 seconds) lay warmed tortilla on a flat surface.
- Place approximately 3/4 cup of seafood mixture across bottom third of tortilla; sprinkle some cheese on seafood mixture.
- Roll tortilla to halfway point carefully tucking seafood mixture inside.
- Fold in each side and finish rolling tortilla.
- Place rolled tortillas side by side in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- When all tortillas have been rolled (enchiladas) and placed in pan, pour enchilada sauce over all of the enchiladas.
- The sauce should cover the enchiladas completely.
- Sprinkle the chopped green onion then the remaining cheese over the top of enchiladas.
- Cover and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with sour cream and additional green onions if desired.
We prefer bold & tasty to mild & tasty but this recipe sounded so good that I just gave it a shot in the arm. I used the imitation crab with scallops instead of shrimp, substituted 10 oz. chili sauce for one of the cans of enchilada sauce and used just 8 oz. cheese. My DH says he would pay money in a restaurant for these! Very good and easy. You can make up the casserole ahead of time and just pop it in the oven. Thanks!