Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tofu makes egg-free omelettes, quiches, and scrambles easy! Try a variety of seasonings and fresh vegetables (such as broccoli, carrots, black olives, etc.) when making this dish until you find the combination you enjoy most.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 lb firm tofu or 1 lb extra firm tofu, patted dry and crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Sautè the onion and garlic in the oil until the onion is soft.
- Add the mushrooms, cover, and continue to sautè until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the green or yellow pepper and the chili pepper, and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the tofu, salt, and curry powder, and mix well.
- Continue to cook until the tofu is heated.
- Serve in a heated flour tortilla or with toast on the side, topped with salsa.
Nice taste and consistency and of course much healthier than scrambled egg. However, the combination of the curry powder and salsa did not go too well. Consider using chilli powder instead, or an Indian sauce instead of the salsa.