susie cooks's Note:
these appetizers are amazing! Use fresh scallops. If they are not available, substitute large, cooked shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a 12 inch saute pan over high heat. Whaen very hot, add oil and garlic.
- 2Saute for a few seconds and add scallops.
- 3Stir scallops until they turn white, about 1 minute,.
- 4Pour scallops into a pan and refrigerate until chilled.
- 5Separate the lettuce leaves and break into small lettuce cups.
- 6Place ancho chile in a small bowl and cover with boiling water.
- 7Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- 8Remove seeds and finely chop chile.
- 9Comine chile, green onion, cilantro, lime juice and sugar.
- 10Add scallops.
- 11Serve in lettuce cups or serve in a bowl with lettuce cups surrounding it. Your guests can serve themselves.
Browse Our Top Lactose-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Scallops in Lettuce Cups
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.4
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 49.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 6.0 g