Recipe by susie cooks
these appetizers are amazing! Use fresh scallops. If they are not available, substitute large, cooked shrimp.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh bay scallop
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- 1 dried ancho chile
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a 12 inch saute pan over high heat. Whaen very hot, add oil and garlic.
- Saute for a few seconds and add scallops.
- Stir scallops until they turn white, about 1 minute,.
- Pour scallops into a pan and refrigerate until chilled.
- Separate the lettuce leaves and break into small lettuce cups.
- Place ancho chile in a small bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Remove seeds and finely chop chile.
- Comine chile, green onion, cilantro, lime juice and sugar.
- Add scallops.
- Serve in lettuce cups or serve in a bowl with lettuce cups surrounding it. Your guests can serve themselves.