Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is very simple to make and (when using mild salsa) kids love it. You can make it as spicy as you like!
- 8 ounces small shell pasta
- 8 ounces ground pork sausage, mild sweet, hot whatever
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) jar mild salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa con queso
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 dish; set aside.
- Cook shell pasta according to package; set aside and keep hot.
- While pasta cooks, brown the sausage in a skillet with the onions until no longer pink; drain well.
- Return the cooked sausage and onions to the skillet. Stir in the salsa, salsa con queso, and fat free sour cream.
- Stir in the cooked shell pasta and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 - 25 minutes.
Served with sour cream on the side, I used medium salsa, so it was a bit hot for some and perfect for others
This was very good, quick and easy to make. I didn't have enough salsa so I added a can of Rotel tomatoes and boy was it spicy! I will make this again but next time I'll make sure I have enough salsa, lol. Thanks Parsley.