Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
A variation of an existing recipe (82591). A different texture and made in an immersion blender. The blender is getting to the top of my "tools I can't live without" list. Preparation time does not include roasting the garlic.
Top Review by Dottygumdrop
Excellent! 5 stars doesn't begin to describe how wonderful this sauce is - it has a smoothness and well-rounded flavour that just bounces around your mouth before subtly slamming you with smoky heat! We had this with all over some juicy rib-eye steaks and DH had to be restrained from pouring the sauce straight into his mouth!
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk (Recipe #26123) or 1⁄4 cup crema (Mexican Crema)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 whole chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning, from can
- 2 large garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peppers, adobo and buttermilk/crema in container for blender.
- Blend until peppers are chopped up and everything is mixed well.
- Add mustard, garlic and juice.
- Blend for around 30 seconds, or until mixture is smooth.
- There will be some small chunks of pepper and garlic, that's ok, it gives texture.
- Add mayo, blend briefly, about 20 seconds so mayo doesn't break.
- Refrigerate overnight, covered.
- Use for dips, sandwiches, whatever.