1/1 Photo of Southwest Salsa Rice Bites Appetizer
Although this recipe sounds like another one named similarly, it has different proportions so be aware they are different.This recipe is for a unique appetizer with a southwest kick. Fun to make and fun to eat. Very simple ingredients but delicious. These were eaten so fast and everyone wanted the recipe guest and family alike. The rice gives it unique texture. I use cheddar pepper jack so you can too if you have trouble finding just pepper jack. Further, I used Japanese sticky rice (not Uncle Bens or the the like) and Tostitos salsa but you can sub in your favorites. The sticky rice really binds it. Picture coming. Enjoy! ChefDLH
My Private Note
bars or ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- 2Stir together 1½ cups cooked white or brown rice, 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese, 1 beaten egg, 1/3 cup salsa, 1/4 cup sour cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Spray 24 mini muffin pan or mini bar pan with nonstick cooking spray and press equal amounts of rice mixture into each cup.
- 4Top with 1/3 cup crumbled tortilla chips and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- 5Top with salsa, sour cream and cilantro leaves.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Salsa Rice Bites Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.0
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.2 mg
- Sodium 207.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g