Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of USA Rice Federation.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 eggs
- 16 ounces chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup crushed corn tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine rice and cheese in large bowl; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs until well blended. Stir in salsa, sour cream, salt and pepper. Add salsa mixture to rice and cheese; mix well.
- Spray miniature muffin pans with vegetable cooking spray. Spoon approximately 1 1/2 tablespoon rice mixture into each cup, filling to just below rim. Sprinkle crushed chips over filling, pressing slightly with back of spoon. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.
- Serve as an appetizer or along with chicken fajitas for a complete meal.
This recipe showed up in the newspaper and I used leftover southwest rice salad as the base. Yummy - we left out the crushed chips - loved them cold.