Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A crescent roll crust with cream cheese and fresh veggies on top! Yum! I got this recipe from Pampered Chef.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup parsley, divided
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled,seeded and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll crescent dough and divide into 8 triangles.
- On large round baking stone, arrange triangles in a circle with points in the center and wide ends toward the outside.
- Roll out dough to a 12-inch circle, pressing seams together to seal.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Place cream cheese, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the cilantro in small mixing bowl; mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over top of crust.
- Seed and dice tomatoes.
- Chop bell pepper and red onion.
- Combine tomatoes, bell pepper and onion in a bowl.
- Stir in remaining cilantro; season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon salsa over cream cheese mixture.
- Peel and slice avocado; arrange over top of pizza.
A great version of the veggie pizza appetizer. I have also adapted the idea by baking pitas until crisp, spreading with cream cheese and topping with my homemade fresh salsa. Cut these into wedges (as for a pizza) and serve. Either way...crescent roll or pita...it gets gobbled up in no time!
Pampered Chef indeed! Simple to make, a no brainer, perfect if you've had a long day, your tired but still need to make dinner for your family - and as a reward for not much effort: A 5 star delish meal! Thanks for this simple and yummy meal Sharon!