Recipe by lcreece
This is a very colorful dish. Can be eaten as a cold soup or more traditionally with chips. Friends, family and co-workers request this all the time. Came from my friend April T.
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
I made this for someone following a special diet for health reasons, so I was unable to add the salt or oil to the recipe. But this was filled with flavour anyway and so easy to make. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans shoe peg corn, not drained
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, chopped (or yellow or red bell pepper)
- 1⁄2 purple onion, medium, diced
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers (optional to remove seeds)
- 1 quart diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped & firmly packed -add more to taste
- 3 limes, juice of