Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very colorful dish. Can be eaten as a cold soup or more traditionally with chips. Friends, family and co-workers request this all the time. Came from my friend April T.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans shoe peg corn, not drained
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, chopped (or yellow or red bell pepper)
- 1⁄2 purple onion, medium, diced
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers (optional to remove seeds)
- 1 quart diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped & firmly packed -add more to taste
- 3 limes, juice of
- Mix ingredients in large bowl. cover & chill 1-2 hours.
I made this for someone following a special diet for health reasons, so I was unable to add the salt or oil to the recipe. But this was filled with flavour anyway and so easy to make. Thanks for the recipe.
My husband made this once just on a whim with some leftover ingredients and now we eat it all the time. Watch out though, this recipe makes several weeks worth of salsa if you're eating it by yourself so you better plan on sharing it. Nobody will complain about helping you eat it.
I absolutely loved this recipe! I did substitute a can of hot rotel for the jalapenos to make my life easier and just used a little less of the diced tomatoes to make up for it. I also didn't use the cumin. But EVERYONE that ate this loved it! Thanks!