I have been preparing this salad for the past 6 or 7 years and I still love it just as much as the first time I made it. These ingredients just come together so beautifully in this dish you'll be amazed at the reactions each time you serve it. And unlike many salads, it is even great the next day as leftovers!
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, shredded
- 118.29 ml red onion, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 473.18 ml four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 425.24 g can whole kernel corn, drained
- 709.77 ml tortilla chips, broken and simply crushed between your hands
- 78.07 ml fresh cilantro leaves
- 118.29 ml fresh lime juice, usually about 4 limes
- 118.29 ml canola oil
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- Prepare dressing first by combining in food processor or blender fresh cilantro, lime juice, sour cream, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Then slowly drizzle in oil until fully combined.
- Pour dressing into container and chill in fridge for several hours for flavors to meld.
- In large glass/acrylic bowl layer lettuce, then tomatoes, onion, black bean, cheese, and corn.
- (At this point the salad can wait for up to 8 hours before serving if you wish to be a step ahead later on.).
- Before serving sprinkle broken chips over corn layer. Then pour dressing over chips and toss completely.