Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. A simple recipe from Woman's World 8/2/10. This is mild, getting its kick from the cilantro and pimento-stuffed olives. I added an optional switch to jalapenos instead.
- 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces romaine lettuce, torn (5 cups)
- 15 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel, thawed and drained if frozen
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olives, drained or 3 jalapenos, chopped
- In small bowl, combine ranch dressing, cilantro and scallion.
- In large serving bowl, combine lettuce, beans, tomatoes, corn and olives.
- Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss.
I subbed parsley for the cilantro but other than that followed the recipe exactly. It was good. I used store bought ranch dressing which I am not very fond of but I like the way this dressed it up a bit. I liked the texture and am looking forward to having the leftovers for dinner tomorrow.
I enjoyed this, it made a meal in itself! I used pinto beans because I already had an open can. Filling and yummy, thanks!