Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I made up of several other recipes and my own personal touches. It is so yummy I could eat it everyday!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 whole red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (of choice)
- plain Doritos, crunched into bits
- tortilla (if making wraps)
- fajita seasoning mix or taco seasoning, to coat
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head lettuce, cleaned and shredded or chopped
Italian Dressing use 1/8 cup
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
Salsa use 1/4 cup
- 3 tomatoes
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemons or 1⁄4 teaspoon lime juice
- jalapeno, to taste (I use 3 from jar of sliced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Heat griddle or with a little oil.
- You can also do this on the bbq.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper& fajita seasoning (gernerously on the season) and cook in pan or griddle over low heat.
- Put whole red pepper over low heat on griddle or in seperate pan.
- Watch carefully and trun when each side is about 30% blackened on skin.
- Once blackened on all sides remove, devein and cut into strips- should be soft.
- When chicken is done, remove from pan& cut into slices.
- If making fresh dressing- combine all ingredients and mix well.
- If making fresh salsa- put all ingredients in food processor and pulse until desired consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, crunched doritos, cheese, dressing, salsa, chicken and pepper- mix well and serve immediately or fold in warmed tortilla for wraps.