1/2 Photos of Southwest Salad Mcswap
Unfortunately, McDonald's has phased out its Southwest Salad. However, I don't have to live without it thanks to this recipe. This is supposed to be an exact replica of it for you to make at home. Feel free to take it to work in a plastic container and make your co-workers jealous. The points value for Weight Watchers is 7 points. I got this recipe from an email from the Hungry Girl web site. That's what the "HG" stands for! Enjoy! (Note: The source for this recipe cited different nutritional info than here at zaar: 350 calories, 4g fat, 720mg sodium, 39g carbs, 6g fiber, 15g sugars, 43g protein Points value 7* This is for the entire recipe, with dressing). UPDATE 4/1/08: This limited edition, seasonal salad is back! Find the super salad (which is packed with corn, black beans, tortilla strips and more) at McD's NOW thru the summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups lettuce, chopped
- 4 ounces lean boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and sliced or chopped)
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poblano peppers, chopped (or any mild green pepper)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canned sweet corn
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canned black beans
- 2 tablespoons fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 baked corn tortilla chips, crushed (Baked! Doritos, recommended)
- 1Mix together marinade ingredients in a small bowl; add chicken and coat it in the marinade, set aside.
- 2In a pan spritzed with nonstick spray, cook tomatoes and corn over high heat until slightly charred.
- 3Place lettuce in a bowl and top with marinated chicken, tomatoes and corn, chopped pepper and black beans.
- 4Sprinkle with cheese and chips.
- 5In a small dish, combine all of the dressing ingredients with 1 teaspoons water.
- 6Serve dressing alongside salad for easy dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Salad Mcswap
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 614.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cheddar cheese