Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a versatile rub that is great on beef, pork, chicken and even roasted potatoes!
Make and share this Southwest Rub recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried cilantro, crushed
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- Use to season all types of beef, chicken, pork, rice or potatoes.
Such an easy rub to make and keep. I did not have mexican oregano so just used what I had. Gives the meat a great flavour. I added some lemon juice and a bit of oil and marinaded it for a few hours. I used it on cubes of lamb and it was perfect. Thanks for posting
Wow, Buggsy, what a great rub recipe!!!! I like the wonderful mix of spices and herbs in this! The amount of heat is perfect and balanced nicely with the oregano. I used this on roasted mixed nuts and it was really, really nice. I plan on using it on potatoes next. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing it here with us, Buggsy! Made and reviewed for Potluck Tag Game May 2010.