Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
This is a really good recipe from my Taste of Home collection. The recipe states to blend filling ingredients in a food processor, but I sometimes just mix the filling ingredients together to retain the different textures. Either way, it is delicious.
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
This makes an interesting variation on the enchilada/burrito theme. I blended everything in the food processor and served it with corn on the side - next time I might make it without grinding it all up. Easy and tasty! Thanks for posting.
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 -12 flour tortillas (6-inch)
- sour cream, and (optional)
- additional salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the first 8 ingredients and ½ cup cheese in a food processor; blend until smooth.
- Spread evenly over tortillas.
- Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; let stand until cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.