1/1 Photo of Southwest Rice Salad
This healthy salad has lots of taste and eye appeal. Add more or less jalapenos to suit your own heat preference. Most people like it this way and I serve some hot sauce on the side for the heat lovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (3-4 limes)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 -3 pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1In a large bowl, combine the rice, beans, corn and onions.
- 2Toss to mix.
- 3In a food processor, blend remaining ingredients, except the cilantro and tomatoes, until the peppers are finely minced.
- 4Pour the dressing over the rice mixture and mix well.
- 5Garnish with the cilantro and chopped tomatoes.
- 6This salad can be made 1-2 days in advance and served either cold or room temperature.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.0
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 155.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 9.1 g