Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This healthy salad has lots of taste and eye appeal. Add more or less jalapenos to suit your own heat preference. Most people like it this way and I serve some hot sauce on the side for the heat lovers.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (3-4 limes)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 -3 pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, beans, corn and onions.
- Toss to mix.
- In a food processor, blend remaining ingredients, except the cilantro and tomatoes, until the peppers are finely minced.
- Pour the dressing over the rice mixture and mix well.
- Garnish with the cilantro and chopped tomatoes.
- This salad can be made 1-2 days in advance and served either cold or room temperature.
Wow, what a great tasting salad. I wasn't too sure about the brown sugar, but I made this exactly as directed. I only had fresh jalapeño, so I used a little trick of poaching them in a little water until they softenend, then used them like the pickled jalapeños. Everything was wonderful, and we enjoyed this recipe very much. Thanks so much for sharing.
Very good recipe. I didn't have green onions, so I used red. Also added some red and green peppers from my garden as I thought it needed more color. It was great! I didn't even use the jalapeno, but I could see where the taste would improve with it. Thanks for the recipe!
I needed a quick pitch in dinner salad and this was great. I had to use what I had available - so that meant kidney beans, not black beans and regular onions, not green onions. I used basil olive oil and jalapeno balsamic vinegar as well. It was really good.