Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to prepare this one soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped (1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper, ground
- 6 juniper berries, dried,crush
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 ounce baking chocolate, grated
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 (6 ) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 lbs pork back ribs, fresh (Rack Of ribs should be cut lengthwise across the bones. Have the butcher do this with his meat sa)
- Cook and stir onion in oil in 2-quart saucepan 2 minutes.
- Stir in ground red chiles, juniper berries, garlic and salt.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chocolate until melted.
- Pour water, vinegar and tomato paste into food processor workbowl fitted with steel blade or into a blender container.
- Add onion mixture and sugar; cover and process until well blended.
- Heat oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Cut between pork back ribs to separate.
- Place in a single layer in roasting pan, pour sauce evenly over pork.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes; turn pork.
- Bake until done, about 30 minutes longer.