Recipe by PaulaG
Is there something missing in the ingredient list? Never fear...there really isn't rattlesnake in the dish. This is a great appetizer made to look like a rattlesnake. The recipe is printed in El Paso Inside Magazine.
- 1 small red pepper, roasted and peeled
- 6 hard-boiled egg yolks, finely chopped
- 6 hard-boiled egg whites, finely chopped
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, minced
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons black caviar or 6 tablespoons black olives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eyes and tongue from bell pepper.
- On serving tray, alternate sections of salmon, onion, egg yolk, egg white, parsley and caviar or chopped black olives, in the shape of a snake.
- Decorate the head with red bell pepper tongue and eye.
- Serve with Melba toast or tostadas.
- Note: There should be enough of the ingredients to make several strips from each ingredient.