Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A vegetarian grain salad with high protein quinoa
- 236.59 ml quinoa
- 453.59 g sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 118.29 ml red pepper, diced
- 59.14 ml shallot, minced
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Prepare quinoa according to Basics directions or directions on package. Refer to BASIC RECIPES at www.EatWellMealPlans.com.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling. Add diced sweet potato and cook 12 minutes, until they are tender.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, sweet potato, avocado, red pepper, shallot, and cilantro.
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Pour dressing into quinoa mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Great! I added some sauteed, still slightly crunchy chopped kale to the mix and omitted the olive oil in the dressing, I figured the avocado provided enough fat for the dish. It was delicious and I'll definitely make it again.