Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful spicy pumpkin soup (but not overly spicy), that's quick and easy to make and so delicious! A favorite soup to serve throughout the cold weather season and the holidays. Enjoy! From All the Best blog (by Ronda Carman) via In the Country.
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro
- avocado, slices
- sour cream
- toasted pumpkin seeds
- Bring vegetable stock and whipping cream to boil in heavy medium pot. Whisk in canned pumpkin, cumin, chili powder, coriander and nutmeg.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until soup thickens slightly and flavors blend, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish each serving with cheddar cheese, cilantro, avocado slices, sour cream, toasted pumpkin seeds and serve.