Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a yummy variation of Potato Salad With Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette, suggested in the same Lorna Sass cookbook. It is delicious warm, at room temperature, or cold. It doubles well if you are making for a larger group.
- 2 lbs potatoes (yukon gold or russet)
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (use regular or light, NOT extra virgin)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Peel potatoes and slice 1/4" thick. Cook just until fork tender; drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the peppers and onion to the potatoes.
- Prepare the dressing: Combine remaining ingredients and stir well or shake in a small jar.
- Pour over the still-warm potatoes and stir gently to combine, making sure all potatoes are coated.
- If desired, add more salt, pepper, or lime juice to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. You can also refrigerate to serve later.
A fresh and delicious take on the potato salad. I loved the lime/cilantro flavour. Omitted the hot pepper as kids were dining as well. Will make again! Made for 'PRMR
It was delicious. I used baby new potatoes instead. made the salad in the morning and eat it at night. Very flavour full. Everybody loved it.
Was good; just not spicy enough for my taste. Would recommend chili, cumin, garlic and a touch of hot sauce to the vinaigrette for that extra punch (from a very similar recipe). Try corn and sliced black olives also for a variation. Since I'm from Texas I like really spicy food so the extra spices should be to taste.