Chef #208121's Note:
Adopted 7/28 Make at your own risk until I work with it. It might be like the wonderful potatoes. Fantastic or .. not. If you make it please give feedback and tell me what you liked and what you did so I can use this to improve the recipe if needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 4 ears yellow sweet corn, shucked (1 2/3 cups)
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1Place potatoes in large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, cool slightly and cut each potato into fourths. (Cut into eighths if potatoes are larger.) Set aside.
- 2Preheat grill or allow coals to burn down to white ash. Spray ears of corn with non-stick vegetable spray and place on grill.
- 3Grill corn, turning as needed until the corn is browned or blackened all over, 8 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool. Using a sharp knife, remove corn kernels from cob and set aside.
- 4Combine mayonnaise, chili powder, salt, pepper, lime juice and cilantro. Add peppers, green onions and 1 cup of the grilled corn kernels to potatoes; toss gently.
- 5Pour dressing over all and toss gently to coat evenly. Sprinkle remaining corn kernels on top of salad and serve at room temperature or cover and chill.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Potato Salad With Grilled Corn
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.7
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 561.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g