Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
Colorful with exciting flavors.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled round red potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled small sweet potatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise or 1 1⁄4 cups salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- Put the red potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large pot; add water to cover.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil; reduce to low heat.
- Cook, uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Remove the sweet potatoes and continue cooking 10-15 more minutes until the red potatoes are tender (if necessary).
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool for about 15 minutes or until they are cool enough to handle.
- Peel potates and cut into cubes.
- Mix the mayo, milk, cumin seed, salt, and chilies in a large bowl.
- Add the potato cubes, bell pepper, and onions.
- Stir very gently until coated.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 4 hours.