Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From Super Suppers. You can use dried chickpeas if you soak them overnight in cool water first, then add them at the beginning of cooking.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pork shoulder, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green chili pepper
- 2 cups canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- Place pork, onions, and spices in slow cooker. Add water to just barely cover ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Turn slow cooker to high.
- Add chili peppers and chick peas for last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with corn bread, biscuits, or hot dinner rolls.