This is a recipe I found in Southern Living and made it once....then lost the magazine in the PILES that I have. He has forced me to got through all of my magazines cuz he is throwing them all away. Well, now I have Zaar so I can safely keep all of the recipes we really enjoyed.....and I can't loose them in piles of stuff, LOL! Serve with flour tortillas and lime wedges. NOTE: This can be made a little less spicy if you substitute a can of regular diced tomatoes for 1 of the cans of tomatoes with chilies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 lb boneless pork loin chop
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- flour tortilla
- lime wedge
- 1Cut pork into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2Combine cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, and paprika in a large zip top bag. Remove 2 teaspoons of the cumin mixture, and reserve.
- 3Add the pork to the bag, seal and shake to coat. Set aside.
- 4Stir together reserved 2 teaspoons cumin mixture, diced tomatoes with chilies, black beans, and corn in a large bowl.
- 5Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and the red onions, and sauté 6-8 minute or until pork is browned all over.
- 6Stir in the tomato mixture and bring to a boil.
- 7Stir in the rice, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minute.
- 8Sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheese and cilantro.
- 9Serve with flour tortillas and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Pork in Black Bean Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.2
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.6 mg
- Sodium 1007.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 43.4 g