Cream Puff's Note:
This is my mother's delicious recipe and it's easy enough to assemble on a busy weeknight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil until no longer pink; drain.
- 2In same skillet with pork, add the beans, soup, tomatoes, chilies, rice, broth, salsa, cumin and corn; cook and stir until bubbly.
- 3Pour mixture into an ungreased 2-quart baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 4Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Pork & Green Chili Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 816.3
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 154.7 mg
- Sodium 1680.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 53.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking brown rice