Recipe by iluvmythomas
I got this great recipe from the August/September 2004 issue of Light & Tasty. Cook time does not include 1-2 hours for marinading.
Top Review by Jitter_Bug
This receipe gave a good flavor to the chops. I'll probably use it again, but it was a little messy to prepare and the bbq sauce burned. Next time I'll use the same ingredients, but use more care in cooking. Thanks
- 4 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 pork loin chops, fat removed
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine first eight ingredients; rub over pork chops.
- Place pork chops in a large resealable plastic bag.
- In a bowl, combine barbecue sauce and lemon juice.
- Pour over pork chops and gently run to distribute sauce.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- If grilling pork chops, coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 6 inches from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160.