Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like to make this during the week. Quick to make and full flavor.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (approx 1 pound)
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced and divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- sour cream, sliced black olives, salsa, cilantro, optional garnishes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place uncooked rice in bottom of 9x9 baking dish or casserole dish with a lid. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon taco seasoning over rice.
- Place pork chops on rice; sprinkle chops with remaining 1 tablespoon seasoning. Arrange green pepper slices and 1/2 the sliced green onions over pork chops.
- Drain corn, drain and rinse black beans; spoon beans and corn on pork chops; pour chicken broth over all ingredients.
- Cover and bake 20-30 minutes or until pork is cooked through. Remove cover and sprinkle with shredded cheese; return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream, sliced green onions, olives, cilantro and salsa.
This is such a tasty recipe! I'm not the best when it comes to frying pork chops,so this is a plus in my book! I used a new spice mix, http://www.recipezaar.com/Kittencals-Taco-Seasoning-Mix-76616 This turned out to be dual recipe surprises! Thanks for posting Sam! Made for KK's Recipe of The Day event!
With a few amount adjustments this turned out great, I increased the taco seasoning and also mixed in some garlic powder and cayenne, I may give this a try using chicken thighs next time, thank you for sharing this great recipe Sam, this was made for KK's forum Pink event!
This was a very easy and filling recipe (we have lots of leftovers) It has a very nice mix of flavors and ingredients. It does take longer than 30 minutes to cook and for some reason the tops of my pork chops were raw and the bottoms were done, so had to put back in for a few more minutes. I felt it needed the sour cream and salsa to kick the taste up a little.