1/1 Photo of Southwest Pork Chops
Samantha in Ut's Note:
I like to make this during the week. Quick to make and full flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (approx 1 pound)
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced and divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- sour cream, sliced black olives, salsa, cilantro, optional garnishes
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Place uncooked rice in bottom of 9x9 baking dish or casserole dish with a lid. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon taco seasoning over rice.
- 3Place pork chops on rice; sprinkle chops with remaining 1 tablespoon seasoning. Arrange green pepper slices and 1/2 the sliced green onions over pork chops.
- 4Drain corn, drain and rinse black beans; spoon beans and corn on pork chops; pour chicken broth over all ingredients.
- 5Cover and bake 20-30 minutes or until pork is cooked through. Remove cover and sprinkle with shredded cheese; return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- 6Serve with sour cream, sliced green onions, olives, cilantro and salsa.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (642 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 900.4
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 178.4 mg
- Sodium 1437.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 76.5 g