Recipe by Samantha in Ut
I like to make this during the week. Quick to make and full flavor.
Top Review by FLUFFSTER
This is such a tasty recipe! I'm not the best when it comes to frying pork chops,so this is a plus in my book! I used a new spice mix, http://www.recipezaar.com/Kittencals-Taco-Seasoning-Mix-76616 This turned out to be dual recipe surprises! Thanks for posting Sam! Made for KK's Recipe of The Day event!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (approx 1 pound)
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced and divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- sour cream, sliced black olives, salsa, cilantro, optional garnishes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place uncooked rice in bottom of 9x9 baking dish or casserole dish with a lid. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon taco seasoning over rice.
- Place pork chops on rice; sprinkle chops with remaining 1 tablespoon seasoning. Arrange green pepper slices and 1/2 the sliced green onions over pork chops.
- Drain corn, drain and rinse black beans; spoon beans and corn on pork chops; pour chicken broth over all ingredients.
- Cover and bake 20-30 minutes or until pork is cooked through. Remove cover and sprinkle with shredded cheese; return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream, sliced green onions, olives, cilantro and salsa.