Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
I got this recipe from an issue of Vegetarian Times. It's a yummy lunch treat or snack that's made faster when broiled in a toaster oven. I think it gets enough kick with mild salsa but use whatever you prefer. Kid-friendly yet healthy.
- 4 whole grain bagels, split
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mild green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mild salsa
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (low-fat is okay) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese (low-fat is okay)
- Preheat broiler.
- Place bagels, cut side up on a broiler pan covered with foil.
- In small bowl, combine chiles and cream cheese; spread over bagels.
- In another small bowl, combine pizza sauce and salsa; spoon over bagels.
- Top each with shredded cheese.
- Broil 2-3 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Made these with wheat bagels and this made the prefect quick lunch!!! Made as directed, and loved it!!!
Made these for my DS to serve to his friends tonight, doubled the recipe and used French bread cut into slices instead of bagels, also topped with some finely chopped onions. Thanks LHM, great recipe for kids of all ages!..Kitten:)
What a great idea! I never thought to make something like this, but it made for a great meal~ I used the chiles...and I think they are a great addition to this recipe. I didnt use fat free anything lol because the ingredients I had on hand werent fat free. I will be making this again, for sure~!