Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Comfort food with a Southwest flair. Mild enough for children. Easy, quick, and inexpensive.
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn (Green Giant)
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 12 ounces cooked vermicelli
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Cook pork and onions in a large skillet until pork is no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning mix according to package directions.
- Stir in tomato sauce, corn, chilis, and pinto beans and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix with hot, drained pasta, top with cheese and serve.
This sounds so good I have not made it yet but will some time this week. My family loves anything with pasta and spice. Thanks can't wait to try it.
Yummy! This was really good and my 18 mth old devoured it! Makes a bunch but then again its just 1 & 1/2 people;) I would omit the pinto beans and 1 can of tomato sauce next time. Thanks for a great meal:)