Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is so easy and it has a wonderful smell and taste. This is a great romantic meal, or just a meal to impress the inlaws.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 -4 lbs skinless chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 large purple onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons hot chili sauce
- 1 3⁄4 cups cooked black beans, with 2 tablespoons of liquid
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Brown the chicken on all sides in the oil. Remove the browned chicken to plate lined with paper towels.
- Sauté the onions in the pan drippings until limp and slightly brown, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute more. Return the chicken to the skillet and add the orange juice, stock, and chili sauce; cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the black beans with liquid and bell pepper strips. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Add the rum, salt, and pepper; simmer another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve immediately.